So before you get all excited, the Jeep Wrangler V8 Hemi is just a concept.
However, this move comes on the same day the new 6th Gen Ford Bronco is scheduled to be unveiled (July 13, 2020).
But it's a step in the right direction and there's a chance Jeep follows through with it.
Specs at a Glance:
- 6.4L Hemi V8
- 450 horsepower
- 450 lb-ft of torque
- 0-60 in under 5 seconds
- Half Doors
- 2" Lift
- 37" Tires
- Beadlock Wheels
- Red Rock Leather Interior
So that's all nice and exciting but 2 things to bring everyone back down to reality...
1. This was clearly labeled as a CONCEPT so there are no guarantees.
2. No mention of price (obviously). Given the fact that lots of owners have completed V8 engine swaps, there is some info as to the cost to do it through a shop or on your own if you're brave and talented enough.
Looking at the pictures a bit more closely, here are a few other things we saw.
- Hood with air scoop and 392 Decal
- Warn Winch mounted on the Steel Bumper
- Half Orange (ish) Front Tow Hooks
- Shown with the 1-touch power top (this is becoming an expensive Wrangler...)
Since this would be offered directly by Jeep with a warranty, don't expect it to be cheap.
If this does become available, it will undoubtedly be the most expensive and most powerful factory Jeep Wrangler ever produced.
So would you want a Hemi-powered V8 Wrangler? Comment below and let us know your best guess for price!